Product name: Carnosic acid
Molecular Formula: C20H28O4
Molecular Weight: 332.43
CAS NO.: 3650-09-7; 6537808
Active ingredients: Carnosic acid (≥ 5% HPLC); Carnosol
Specification: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 40%, 60%, 90%, 99%
Part used: leaf of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
Odor: Light Aromatic, Have fragrance like Rosemary
Appearance: Yellow to yellowish green powder
Particular Size: 80 mesh
Bulk Density: 0.28-0.4g/ml
Solubility: Oil, Etoac, Ethanol
Extract Solvent: Ethanol & Water
Loss On Drying: ≤ 5.0%
Ash: ≤ 5.0%
Heavy Metals: ≤ 5mg/kg
Arsenic (As): ≤ 2mg/kg
Total Plante Count:≤1000CFU/G
Yeasts and Molds: ≤100 CFU/G
Pesticide Residue: None.
Testing type: HPLC
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant evergreen needle-like leaves. It is native to the Mediterranean region. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae, which also includes many other herbs. Rosemary is now cultivated widely in other parts of the world, although it thrives in a warm and relatively dry climate.
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is widely used as a culinary herb, especially in Mediterranean dishes, and is also used as a fragrant additive in soaps and other cosmetics. It has been used for thousands of years as a savory spice, food preservative, natural raw material of cosmetics and hair care products, and as an herbal medicine for a variety of health disorders.
Traditionally, rosemary has been used by herbalists to improve memory, relieve muscle pain and spasm, and stimulate hair growth, and support the circulatory and nervous systems. It is also believed to affect the menstrual cycle, act as an abortifacient (inducing miscarriage), relieve menstrual cramps, increase urine flow, and reduce kidney pain (for example, from kidney stones).
Rosemary contains a number of potentially biologically active compounds, including antioxidants such as Carnosic acid, Carnosol and rosmarinic acid. Other bioactive compounds include camphor (up to 20% in dry rosemary leaves), caffeic acid, ursolic acid, betulinic acid, rosmaridiphenol, and rosmanol.
Rosemary has been reported to have strong antioxidant characteristics. The strong antioxidative activity of rosemary is caused mainly by phenolic diterpenes, carnosol, carnosic acid and rosmarinic acid. Like other antioxidants, it inhibits and fights free radicals. The results of a study showed that Carnosic acid, Carnosol and Rosmarinic Acid are the most active compounds of rosemary extract found to have powerful antioxidant activity, they may shield the brain from free radicals, lowering the risk of strokes and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Lou Gehrig’s,and carnosic acid is considered as one of the only antioxidant that deactivates free radicals through a multilevel cascade approach.
Numerous studies reported that the antioxidant of Rosemary is more effective than Vitamin E, BHA, BHT, TBHQ. In addition, Rosemary antioxidants can bear higher temperature than other antioxidants, there is no allergen issue in skin and hair care. Helps reduce allergy symptoms, especially to dust mites.
There are lots of excellent antioxidants that combat free radical damage. However, rosemary extract contains more than two dozen antioxidants, and provides powerful potent protection against chronic diseases, including Alzheimer’s. It protects brain cells from the normal effects of aging; protects cells from carcinogens; Inhibits growth of cancer cells. Helps reduce hypertension.
Difference between Rosemary anti-oxidant and other anti-oxidant:
Antioxidants have been proven to deactivate free radicals, but not all antioxidants are equal. In most cases, once an antioxidant has neutralized a free radical, it is no longer useful as an antioxidant, because it becomes an inert compound. Or even worse, it becomes a free radical itself.
That’s where rosemary extract is significantly different. It has a longer life span of antioxidant activity. Because it contains more than two dozen antioxidants, including carnosic acid.
Carnosic Acid Function:
Carnosic acid and carnosol, the oil soluble component of the rosemary extract, are the most important active components of rosemary extract. They have been suggested to account for over 90% of the antioxidant properties of the extract. Carnosic acid and carnosol are powerful inhibitors of lipid peroxidation in microsomal and liposomal systems and are good scavengers of peroxyl radical and superoxide anion. Carnosic acid and carnosol have not only potent antioxidant activity but also anticarcinogenic properties.
1. Organic oil-soluble antioxidant. Carnosic Acid can be directly added into the oil products, the very convenient.
2. Anti-aging effect can eliminate the free radicals that over-produced by the body and annihilate the singlet oxygen to protect the structure of the cell membrane, which can lead to slow down the aging process.
3.Strong weight-losing effect can stimulate and accelerate the metabolism of the fat by anti-oxidant activity. Not only can it lower the blood pressure, but it can also promote the lipid compounds to emit from the manure so as to lose weight.
4. Anti-cancer effect and can be used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
5. Anti-bacterial and Anti-inflammatory.
1. Carnosic acid is an organic oil-soluble antioxidant, extracted from Rosemary. It has characteristic of efficient, stable (high temperature durable), safety, non-toxic and none-side-effects. Widely used as food additive in sauce, edible oil, pet food and animal feed. Carnosic Acid can be added into oil, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetics, feed, etc, which can delay the oxidation process, and improve the stability of the food and extend the storage time. For example, it can be used as meat and fish sauce.
3. Carnosic Acid could effectively control body weight by regulating the absorption of fat to achieve the goal of reducing weight.
4. Good biological activities, such as antibacterial, inhibiting virus. It is the important raw material of tooth grinding and gargle agent.
5. Help for inflammation, used for sore throats, indigestion, stomachic.
6. Lower blood sugar levels of diabetes. Meanwhile it can be used for treating menopause obstacles, prevent and treat alzheimer’s disease cardiovascular disease.
Packing: 1KG/bag, 5KG/bag, 10KG/drum, 25kg/drum, double layers plastic bags inside or as customer’s requirement.
Shelf Life: 24 months.
1. Stored in a cool and dry well-closed container and in ventilated area,
2. Kept away from moisture and strong sun light or high temperature.
Add: Kaide Industry Park, Jiangkou , Guizhou, China.
Tel: 86 851 83799686
Fax: 86 851 83799687
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org